Wednesday 21 May 2014

Design Context Publication || Presentation boards || Evaluation

EXTENDED PRACTICE MODULE 
BRIEF COVER SHEET
LEEDS COLLEGE OF ART
Module Code: 
OUGD603

Module Title:
Extended Practice

Student Name:
LISA BURNS

Studio Brief Title:
Design context publication - Inspiration

Synopsis:

A brief which summaries me as a person and as a creative. The publication signifies my inspirations and influences in relation to graphic design and fashion, my aspirations in career choice and goal achievements as a young designer. 

List of deliverables(boards, resolutions, apps,etc)

Research
Initial ideas
Concept and content
Layout and editorial 
Final execution 
Photographs of final product
Presentation boards
Printed material


Evidence
(Series of business cards, posters, website etc)

Ongoing documentation on blog
Design development
Printed product








Evaluation:

The design context publication resulted in being one of my favourite final out comes this year. The magazine style publication which I produced basically summed up everything I like in the creative industry, so of a reader this booklet would give them a full insight as to who I am and what I like to design. My approach to producing this magazine was to write myself a set of questions and answer them in detail in relation to the context of practice. Doing this was really helpful as it clarified who I am and where I belong in the design sector. Over all I was really pleased with the end result of the magazine as it showed of my layout and editorial style along with how I present imagery, this magazine would be a good piece of work to take to an interview as it states exactly who I am and what I enjoy. The only fault I have with this brief is the photographs I took of the final product aren't the best so this is something I need to improve when shooting again for the presentation of my portfolio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment