Friday 2 May 2014

Extended practice || Photographing work || Inspiration

Throughout my practice over the past three years I haven't taken professional looking photographs of any of my design work, this is something I really want to focus on for my portfolio so that my designs are well executed and presented. Below are some of the image stylists, installation artists and photographers I pay close attention to, most have a minimalist style which lets the work speak for its self by having white space and simple product placement.

//Marsha Golemac  
//Brooke Holm : The pair often work together on image styling projects.

I believe this kind of photographic set up would work best for my Albino Boutique brief, the use of pastel colours and an array of similar products, all of which colour are co-ordinated would be well suited for my project.



Another collection of photographs shot by Golemac displaying fabric scarfs arranged in pattern and colour order. This style of shoot would be perfect for my Pink Ink brief, along with any other textile fabrics I need to photograph. 



 Other work...





...



Source:http://marshagolemac.com

// Cereal magazine 

Cereal is an independent food and travel journal published quarterly featuring an extremely clean art direction, minimalistic yet stunning photography as well as original content which is much appreciated at a time when we are overwhelmed with the pace of information.
Based in Bristol, UK, the magazine features contributors that have a strong presence in the editorial world such as interiors photographer Line Klein and lifestyle writer Nick Baines. 

Photographing publications and magazines which display photography would be great capture like this, briefs such as Pink Ink, Albino Boutique, Visual Memories






Sources:http://minimalissimo.com/2013/07/cereal/

No comments:

Post a Comment